Natural Gas | Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set | 7,200 - 9,600 kW | Marine natural gas engine designed for cost-effective operation.
- Natural Gas
- Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set
- 3,600 - 5,400 kW
- Marine natural gas engine designed for cost-effective operation.
The Bergen B-series is based on a modular design, which gives a flexible platform and at the same time carries forward the Bergen traditional values as a robust and reliable engine.
The selection of technology was done after consulting a broad range of operators, designers and shipbuilders, to establish the qualities they prize in an engine. This engine series was first introduced to the market in 2014 as a diesel engine, and the gas version followed in 2018. It is available in several in-line or Vee cylinder variants for both diesel and gas, and is equally suitable for mechanical transmission or as a marine generating set.
Main benefits for ship owners:
- IMO Tier III compliant without SCR
- Single fuel = single bunkering
- No lubricating oil separator needed
- Fast load response
- Cleaner engine room and no smoke emission
- Extremely low methane slip at all engine loads
- Cylinder Pressure Monitoring (CPM) for improved load control, and possibility for diagnostics per cylinder
- Exceptionally low emissions of NOx, CO2, SOx and particulate
- No “switch over” problems – ref ECA or port regulations
- Long-term compliance with local port regulations and potential benefits from taxation/green port dues
- VVT – Variable Valve Timing for optimum response and load increase
- Gas safe (double wall piping)
- Possible conversion from gas to diesel and vice versa
- Wastegate turbocharger to ensure optimized fuel/air ratio at varying ambient conditions for lean-burn operation
Main benefits for shipyards
- – Easy installation
- – New resilient mounting (no need of welding brackets)
- – Aligned piping at pump-end for easy connection
|Weight (kg)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Height (mm)|
|Number of cylinders||6||8||9|
|Mean piston speed||m/sec.||11.2||11.2||11.2|
|Max cont. rating (MCR)||kW||3,600||4,800||5,400|
|Mean effective pressure (BMEP)||bar||21||21||21|
|Specific fuel oil consumption (SFOC)||g/kWh**||7,420 (kJ/kWh)||7,420 (kJ/kWh)||7,420|
|SFOC with engine-driven pumps||g/kWh||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Specific lubricating oil consumption||g/kWh||0.4||0.4||0.4|
|Cooling water temp. engine outlet||°C||90||90||90|
- Depending on the type of generator the weight, performance and dimensions may change.
- All technical data is valid at 100% load, with no engine driven pumps.
- Engine power definition is according to ISO 3046-1 (ICFN).
- Generator standard IEC 60034-1, power factor 1.
- Specific fuel oil consumption is measured at test bed according to ISO 3046-1, using diesel oil with a net heating value of 42.7 MJ/kg.
- The information here in is subject to change without notice and the given data does not carry any contractual value. Bergen Engines assumes no responsibility for any errors that may appear.
AT SEA Bergen Engines
Natural Gas | Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set | 3,600 - 5,400 kW | Marine natural gas engine designed for cost-effective operation.
Liquid Fuel | Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set | 6,380 - 10,650 kW | Marine diesel engine and generating sets designed for cost-effective operation.
Liquid Fuel | Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set | 3,600 - 5,400 kW | Marine diesel engine and generating set designed for cost-effective operation.
Natural Gas | Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set | 1,460 - 2,430 kW | Learn burn natural gas engine designed for cost-effective operation.
Liquid Fuel | Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set | 1,920 - 3,000 kW | Liquid fuelled medium speed engines.
Get in touch
Want to know more about how we can empower your business? Send us a message and one of our specialists will get in touch to tell you more.