Natural Gas | Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set | 7,200 - 9,600 kW | Marine natural gas engine designed for cost-effective operation.
- Liquid Fuel
- Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set
- 6,380 - 10,650 kW
- Marine diesel engine and generating sets designed for cost-effective operation.
The Bergen B-series is based on a modular design, which gives a flexible platform and at the same time carries forward the Bergen traditional values as a robust and reliable engine.
The selection of technology was done after consulting a broad range of operators, designers and shipbuilders, to establish the qualities they prize in an engine. This engine series was first introduced to the market in 2014 as a diesel engine, and the gas version followed in 2018. It is available in several in-line or Vee cylinder variants for both diesel and gas, and is equally suitable for mechanical transmission or as a marine generating set.
Main benefits for ship owners:
- Reliable power with proven low life cycle costs
- IMO Tier II compliant without use of SCR & IMO Tier III compliant with use of SCR
- Dynamic service intervals with 25.000 hours between main services when operating within a defined load window
Fast load response
- Low vibration/structural noise level
- Full equipment health monitoring and 24/7 support by global service network
- Compact and modular design with a low weight construction
- Possible conversion from diesel to gas and vice versa
- New flexible mounts without welded brackets
- Aligned piping at pump end for ease of connection
- Flexible exhaust routing – 15 degree rotation of connections to turbocharger
- Full power can be taken from either end of crankshaft up to and including V12 version
Main benefits for shipyards:
- – Easy installation
- – New resilient mounting (no need of welding brackets)
- – Aligned piping at pump-end for easy connection
- – Flexible exhaust routing (and air ducting if applicable): 15 degree rotation of connection points to turbocharger available
|Weight (kg)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Height (mm)|
|Number of cylinders||12||16|
|Mean piston speed||m/sec.||11.2||11.2|
|Max cont. rating (MCR)||kW||7,200||9,600|
|Mean effective pressure (BMEP)||bar||25||25|
|Specific fuel oil consumption (SFOC)||g/kWh**||from 171||from 171|
|SFOC with engine-driven pumps||g/kWh||from 173||from 173|
|Specific lubricating oil consumption||g/kWh||0.5||0.5|
|Cooling water temp. engine outlet||°C||90||90|
- Depending on the type of generator the weight, performance and dimensions may change.
- All technical data is valid at 100% load, with no engine driven pumps.
- Engine power definition is according to ISO 3046-1 (ICFN).
- Generator standard IEC 60034-1, power factor 1.
- Specific fuel oil consumption is measured at test bed according to ISO 3046-1, using diesel oil with a net heating value of 42.7 MJ/kg.
- The information here in is subject to change without notice and the given data does not carry any contractual value. Bergen Engines assumes no responsibility for any errors that may appear.
AT SEA Bergen Engines
Natural Gas | Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set | 3,600 - 5,400 kW | Marine natural gas engine designed for cost-effective operation.
Liquid Fuel | Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set | 6,380 - 10,650 kW | Marine diesel engine and generating sets designed for cost-effective operation.
Liquid Fuel | Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set | 3,600 - 5,400 kW | Marine diesel engine and generating set designed for cost-effective operation.
Natural Gas | Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set | 1,460 - 2,430 kW | Learn burn natural gas engine designed for cost-effective operation.
Liquid Fuel | Medium Speed Propulsion Engine and Generating Set | 1,920 - 3,000 kW | Liquid fuelled medium speed engines.
Get in touch
Want to know more about how we can empower your business? Send us a message and one of our specialists will get in touch to tell you more.